Working at FacadeXS. That’s performing at heights. We are one of the leading providers of solutions for facade access systems, suspended platforms, and work platforms on the international market. A growing organization with innovative ideas, ambitious plans, and high potential.
Committed to safety
By being at the forefront of innovation and design in the market, we distinguish ourselves in a market where customer demand is growing due to increasingly complex buildings. With innovative solutions, we constantly take up the challenge of bringing together every aspect of safety, customer needs, and possibilities in a project-based approach. Our standards are high. And they can be even higher. To make possible what seems impossible.
We have unique, tailor-made solutions for facade maintenance by designing and building building-specific machines. Our products are delivered to customers all over the world, particularly in Europe, North America, the Middle East, and Australia.
- Electrical Engineer (fulltime) – Gorinchem, The Netherlands
- Mechanical (Lead) Engineer (fulltime) – Gorinchem, The Netherlands
Electrical Engineer (fulltime) – Gorinchem, The Netherlands
We are currently looking for a full-time Electrical Engineer in our HQ, in Gorinchem, the Netherlands.
As an E-Engineer, you will be responsible for designing the electrical installation and programming the machine control of Building Maintenance Units (BMUs). You will test the machines in the workshop or occasionally on location at the customer’s site, guide the hardware design of the machine control, convert specifications into technical designs, support certifications, and assist the procurement and assembly departments. You will also provide support to local departments during commissioning and service.
As the point of contact for electronics and controls for the entire BMU, you will be responsible for the overall integrated design of the electrical installation, control plan, wiring diagram, panel design, and more. You will work through (action) plans that you create yourself. You will have close contact with Project Managers, Mechanical Engineers, colleagues in E-Engineering, Procurement, and Assemblers in the Assembly department, which takes place at our location in Gorinchem. You will also provide functional direction to E-Mechanics.
You will ensure compliance with all procedures and work and safety regulations. You will also provide necessary documentation, in your area of expertise, for the machine. As an E-Engineer, you will be part of the project team and responsible for the complete E-Scope of the project from the design phase to delivery and implementation.
The assembly of the machines also takes place at the headquarters in Gorinchem. This means that shortly after engineering, you can see and test your own design. The short lines and intensive cooperation with the purchasing, assembly, and local departments ensure that you quickly see the results of your work and can quickly adjust where necessary. Our customers are located abroad. Our internal communication is mostly in Dutch, and external communication is generally in English.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
- A completed technical education focused on Electrical Engineering/Controls, at least at the bachelor’s level, or significant relevant work experience in a professional and commercial organization.
- Several years of work experience in a similar position are a plus.
- Knowledge of PLC systems and programming.
- Knowledge of mechanical techniques and experience with mechanical engineering machines.
- Experience with EPLAN.
- Knowledge of standards for lifting applications is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Willingness to travel.
- You do not have a fear of heights.
You feel comfortable in an international environment, and you perform optimally in an ambitious setting. You are flexible, understand structure and processes, and can quickly grasp complex matters. You can translate complex matters into understandable pieces. Prioritizing is a natural ability for you, and you approach tasks pragmatically. You easily establish and maintain contacts and are good at switching gears.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
A position with a lot of freedom and responsibility in a dynamic, ambitious work environment. If you have a positive attitude, are representative, independent, motivated, and meet the job profile, we invite you to apply.
Mechanical (Lead) Engineer (fulltime) – Gorinchem, The Netherlands
As a Technical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the technical design of the installation (from concept to realization). This includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Developing (often unique) concepts in collaboration with the sales department.
- Translating the concept into a 3D design in Solid Edge.
- Delivering a 2D drawing package with your team.
- Managing an engineering team consisting of various disciplines (draftsmen, electrical and structural engineers).
- Supporting the purchasing, assembly, testing, and commissioning departments.
- Communicating with suppliers regarding the application of their products (gearboxes, motors, and hydraulics).
- Developing design tools to simplify and/or standardize tasks.
- Communicating with project management and the machine’s end-user to ensure successful on-site commissioning.
In addition to the development of the actual machines, you will also work on the development of various subsystems of the machine such as winches, gondolas, and safety systems.
The assembly of the machines also takes place at the headquarters in Gorinchem. This allows you to see and test your own design shortly after engineering. The short lines and intensive cooperation with the purchasing, assembly, and local departments ensure that you quickly see results from your work and can quickly adjust where necessary.
Our customers are located abroad. Our internal communication is mostly in Dutch and external communication is usually in English.
WHAT WE EXPECT
- A completed HBO/WO degree in mechanical engineering (or equivalent).
- A self-reliant work attitude and the ability to make decisions.
- Experience with 3D CAD software (we use Solid Edge).
- Affinity with programming/automation is a plus.
- Proficiency in Dutch and English.
- No fear of (structural) calculations.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar position.
- No fear of heights.
You think in possibilities and are skilled at finding solutions. You are dedicated and motivated to achieve objectives. You are able to switch gears easily.
WHAT WE OFFER
A position with a lot of freedom and responsibility in a dynamic, ambitious work environment. If you have a positive attitude, are representative, self-reliant, motivated, and meet the job profile, we invite you to apply.
Interested? Apply Now
Check here for more information about our organization.
For other questions about the vacancy, send a message or call Leonard Quist, HR Manager, at phone number +31 183-569111.
You can email your application, including CV, to info@facadeXS.com. An assessment may be part of the procedure.